Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Micah is making progress?


As most of my friends might know, I have been dealing with Micah being pretty aggressive lately. ( Who am I kidding, pretty much this whole year) This has been not only frustrating, but heart breaking as a mom. Its hard to watch the frustration and anger he has, when I know he has such a good heart, has good intentions and really loves his friends. I guess I have come to the realization that it isn't a reflection on me or of my parenting, and hopefully this too shall pass. Over the past year and half I have been watching Selah, the Moore's daughter, on Thursdays. At first Micah had a really hard time understanding that not only is she a girl, but she is not as ruff and tough, and we need to be more gentle with her. Recently she has started to play more with Micah, and he has started to love on her. This makes my days much easier because I don't need to mediate as much as I used to. They are actually starting to have more fun. Lately Micah has been pretending to be a puppy, here are some of them playing "puppy".



Micah being a puppy.


Selah feeding the puppy.


Both of them being a puppy.



Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Prov 22:6

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I think you do a great job as Micah's Mommy. I also think that boys may have more of a tendancy to be tough/aggressive and I agree that it's not a reflection of the job you're doing. I think about these kinds of things a lot more lately, and wonder what types of personalities I'll see in two boys growing up together. I realize it's a lot easier to say "this is how it's going to be" versus what may actually occur. But just know that you're already way ahead of many parents because you are dealing with things, not just excusing or ignoring. And God sees that.
I absolutley love the "puppy" pictures. How adorable. Especially the one with Howie in front, with the two other puppies following. I think it's so amazing to see their imaginations working!
love, Brandi

Kami said...

I LOVE these! Great pics. You are wonderful with the kids Erin!

Alisha said...

I love the pictures of Micah as a puppy. One of my favorite pictures of Ben is him with a strainer on his head pretending to be a doctor.
As for Micah being aggressive, I personally believe it is a phase - furstrating, yes, but I believe it will pass! :)