Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rancho De Sus Ninos

At the beginning of the month I was blessed to be able to attend a construction mission trip with my husband to Tecate, Mexico. Bryan has been going there for about 6 years now and has had some great experiences. Unfortunately due to work, pregnancy and Micah, I haven't been able to go. My mother in law called about 6 months ago and offered to take Micah for the week, so I now had no excuses. A group of about 15 of us went, including a couple of my girlfriends. We flew into San Diego, went to "In and Out" (for our last "American" meal) and drove from there to the ranch. The ranch is an amazing place with great stories. You can truly feel God's presence the moment you step out of the vans. (The exception was the bathrooms, the only presence you felt at night were the cockroaches.) God really worked through all of us to get things done, there were all different skills among us, but only 3 carpenters by trade. It was so amazing to see trusses being raised by hand, roofing done, doors hung etc. all by people who followed the call to go! Alayne and I went into the colonias in Tijuana and joined one of the churches on Sunday. It was amazing to see, even without understanding, that as believers our hearts all desire the same relationship and love of God. On the last day, we all hiked up a hill to the Cross that over looks the ranch, to raise it back up after it had fallen from the wind. What a great ending to our trip. Although I learned a lot, my biggest take away was, that God calls all of us, skilled and unskilled, to spread His word and love. We just have to listen and follow! I could go on forever, but I will just leave you with some pictures from the trip. If you want to learn more I encourage you to go to thier web site, you can click on the link from the "who we know "section on this blog or if you are interested in joining us let me know!








2 comments:

Brandi said...

What a great opportunity and I'm so glad you got to go this time around..especially with Bryan, your Dad and friends. That's so cool!! I love the pictures as I mentioned and especially the one with you and the big power tool. But the story of raising up the cross that had fallen was the perfect ending. Awesome really!! What a perfect story for this holiday season to remind us of what's most important.
love you,
Brandi

Alisha said...

What an amazing experience! I am glad you shared it with us.